After scouring the Edit Page and settings links, then searching through Facebook’s help system, it ultimately took a Google search to figure out how easy it is to do this. Hopefully I’ll save you the 15 minutes of my life I can no longer recover.
- Login to Facebook
- Click http://www.facebook.com/username
- Click the “Set a username” link
- Choose the page that you wish to set a vanity URL for from the drop down (you must be an administrator of that page)
- Type in the name you want and click the “Check Availability” button
- If the name is available, you’ll get a pop-up asking for you to confirm, read it over and confirm if you ready